Winter Preparedness for Your Business
If a winter storm should strike, do you have safeguards in place to protect your business? Preparing your business for both short and long-term interruptions is important. Additionally, business owners should consider having an action or communications plan for their employees.
- Is your Business Prepared?
- Small Business Emergency Preparedness Webinar Series
- Tools for a Disaster Prepared Business
- Get Your Business Ready For Any Kind of Disaster
- Check your insurance coverage protection against winter hazards;
- Develop a procedure for restoring electrical services on an item-by-item basis; and
- Develop a procedure for relocating salvageable and undamaged stock and supplies.
- Have emergency supplies on hand to care for your group for 72 hours or longer
- Keep driveways, walkways, and doorways clear of snow and ice;
- Open water faucets to let them drip to keep water flowing through the pipes vulnerable to freezing; and
- Have the names and phone numbers of your heating contractor, plumber, fire department, insurance agent, and building owner accessible.