June is CPR & AED Awareness Month
June is CPR & AED Awareness Month
* Offers cannot be combined with any other offer or discount and are Subject to change or cancellation without notice. Offers available online or Toll Free. Special notes on the $100 off Training offer: Discount MUST be requested at booking - before training time and date are secured and training agreement(s) sent following. The $100 off is for a combined CPR and AED training. This can still apply to additional combined topics (for example you can take $100 off a combined CPR-First Aid-AED class) but does not apply to just CPR, just AED, or to other topics - it is to promote CPR & AED Awareness Month, so we require you to schedule both for the discount. One discount per client/location. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Discounts cannot be applied to any classes or orders already scheduled or secured with payment. Offers expire Midnight June 30, 2014
American CPR Training® encourages all of our responsible and conscientious clients to help us support and promote National CPR & AED Awareness Week. In 2008, Congress designated the first week of June for observation of National CPR / AED Awareness Week, with the goal of encouraging all states, cities and towns to establish organized programs which provide CPR and AED training to the public. We at American CPR Training® realize that not everyone can arrange a class or promote CPR & AED Awareness the first week (especially with Memorial Day cutting into this week) so we've made it our policy since 2008 to promote CPR & AED Awareness Month, By participating in the program, we can raise the public awareness regarding Sudden Cardiac Arrest and increase the chance of survival by having at least one person in each household trained and an employee for each shift and every department trained in CPR and the use of an AED. Plan Now! Will your group work with us to promote CPR and AED training in your community? Here are some CPR & AED Awareness suggestions, information and Special Offers...
Recent statistics for Sudden Cardiac Arrest, CPR and AED
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA)
- Almost 300,000 casualties of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest are treated each year in the U.S.
- Less than eight percent of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside the hospital survive.
- Less than one-third of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest casualties receive bystander CPR.
- Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple a person’s chance of survival.
- Unless CPR and defibrillation are provided within minutes of collapse, few attempts at resuscitation are successful.
- Even if CPR is performed, defibrillation with an AED is required to stop the abnormal rhythm and restore a normal heart rhythm.
- New technology has made AEDs simple and user-friendly. Clear audio and visual cues tell users what to do when using an AED and coach people through CPR. A shock is delivered only if the victim needs it.
CPR Guidelines have changed...
CPR Guidelines changed in 2011. These were the most significant CPR updates in more than 40 years. We pride ourselves in being leaders in the Health & Safety field and were extremely pleased to have been the first training organization to introduce the complete C.A.R.E. CPR™ curriculum. CPR certification will include complete hands on training in the most recent updated Adult, Child, & Infant CPR recommendations and guidelines and as a bonus, the training will also include instruction in Compression-Only CPR™. The updated CPR certification class will include complete, hands-on training in the newest Adult, Child & Infant CPR recommendations and guidelines, and as a Bonus, the training will also include instruction in Compression-Only CPR™. We also include with every training an individual Student Practice Kit for each and every participant who attends the training. That means each participant who is enrolled in CPR or AED training is issued a CPR barrier mask and non-latex gloves for optimal personal protection. Each participant is also given a Student Training Handbook, CPR reminder pen and a two-year certification card. We also include with every training an individual Student Practice Kit for each and every participant who attends the training. That means each participant who is enrolled in CPR or AED training is issued a CPR barrier mask and non-latex gloves for optimal personal protection. Each participant is also given a Student Training Handbook, CPR reminder pen and a two-year certification card. All American CPR Training® classes offered include all new Student Training Handbooks that follow the new updated guidelines and standards along with Student Practice Kits, the Student Training Handbooks, the reminder pen, and the two-year certification cards are all included in the price of the training!
So... What can YOU do for CPR & AED Awareness Month?
Training: Train your GroupTrain your Group in CPR, AED & First Aid - These classes are fun, affordable, and take very little time.
- Get a Quote for CPR, AED or other training at your location, for your group for ½ the Time, ½ the Price, and TWICE the FUN!™ Click for your Training Quote
- Here's a special offer: Get your standard quote FIRST - then when you schedule any CPR & AED class during June, take$100 off the class fee! That's right. Take an extra $100 off our fees (already the lowest rates nationwide) when you schedule and pay for a combined CPR & AED class now! Class can occur any time in 2014 as long as it is scheduled and secured before June 30th to qualify for this special!*
Apply for an AED GrantGet funding assistance for placing these vital lifesaving devices at Home, Work, or in the Community.
- See the www.AedGrant.com Program (Save $200 -$1000 off each AED with the program's assistance!)
Refresher: Have you already had your CPR & AED Training?If you already have current CPR & AED Training and don’t need training just yet – and you don’t want an AED – Why not get a great new CPR DVD to play for your group (all updated CPR guidelines) or CPR masks or kits for your Team? These are fun, affordable (masks from 84¢ each!), appropriate, and will certainly help raise “Awareness” of CPR & AEDs! See Cool CPR & AED Products
PreparednessGive the gift of Life! Prepare your location and your people with the tools they need to comfortably, effectively, and safely perform CPR & AED Rescues. We offer affordable CPR Kits, CPR Keychains, CPR Masks & More...
FREE VIDEOShare this FREE VIDEO with everyone you know – Spread the Awareness!
Remember that every Home & Business should have an AED
AED devices can actually lead to recovery, while CPR alone most often can only maintain stasis until more advanced Lifesaving care arrives. You can purchase AEDs for very reasonable prices. If you have a little time to plan ahead, the AED Grant Program is an easy way to obtain corporate, buy down Grant funding to help reduce the cost further. This program is a partnership between AED Manufacturers and Corporate Sponsors to reduce the cost below any available online pricing to effect deployment of these critical devices as many places as possible. The program is available for Businesses, and even Individuals, not just Organizations and Non Profit Groups.
If you are interested in an AED for your facility please go towww.AedGrant.com for more information about the AED Grant Program!